A picnic along the Dordogne River


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine
July 22nd 2016
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 44.82, 0.079824

Today we stopped at our local Boulangerie (bakery) for a fresh baguette and a few pastries for our drive through the countryside. We stopped in Pujols to have coffee and then looked around the village. Then we drove along some country roads and visited different villages. One village was Gensac where we bought some fresh strawberries and a few new types of cheese. We have really been enjoying the great varieties of cheese here in France. We passed miles of sunflower fields, hay fields, and plum trees that are harvested in the area as we drove towards Pessac Sur Dordogne. We then enjoyed a typical French picnic on the Dordogne River.
With lunch finished we headed off to a wine tasting near the town of Duras. We were not very keen on the wines we tasted there.
We then had to visit the medieval village of Castlemoron, just because of its name! It was actually a nice little place to see and is the smallest municipality in France. The name Castelmoron actually means " the castle of the Moors" not Morons. As we drove back through the countryside towards home we came across a beautiful castle called Chateau Latour. There seemed to be no one around, so we drove up and took some photos.
We stopped at another chateau to try some wines before heading for home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



26th July 2016

Love the sunflowers, great photos of the two lovely ladies!
28th July 2016

Thanks! The fields of sunflowers always make us smile!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb