Summer holiday and Lois the flower girl


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Tremolat
July 1st 2013
Published: January 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

What a wonderful holiday we had this summer in France with the highlight being my wee cousin Jenni's wedding in a French castle where Lois was the flower girl.

We started our break in Saint Avit De Loisirs is the South West of France, about 100 miles east of Bordeaux. It was a pretty small campsite with a great pool and lovely grounds. The girls went pony trekking for the first time and we all got bikes and toured the local area in our 10 days there.

We then went for a two night stay in our favourite wee town, Arcachon, which was quite close. A couple of lovely nights out and days at the beach meant we were well rested for the wedding of the decade.

Jenni and Andy's wedding was in a beautiful castle close to Bordeaux, Chateau Lagorce was the name if I recall and it was in the Haux region which was about an hour or so drive from Arcachon.

On the drive there I took a detour so we could go via where we spent out honeymoon, I checked online and noticed the villa was available that week so we thought we'd be cheeky and go and get some photo's with Lois and Ella. Ella was fast asleep by the time I got there, probably because it took my hours to find the place, but Lois got out for a look around.

Our final destination was Bordeaux for one night on our wedding anniversary, a wee bit different with having two kids but we booked a spa suite in a hotel and had a great night eating takeaway and watching Wreck it Ralph on pay TV, we know how to live it up!!

Sorry this is a really brief blog, I'm all our of words after writing the last two but it was a great break, honest, and I've added some photos 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.492s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 23; qc: 89; dbt: 0.2911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb