Ok zero hour approaches!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Sauveterre-de-Béarn
May 18th 2009
Published: May 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well the time is nearing for our launch date!

Daniel arrives on the 25th of may and we he's to our start point in Hendaye shortly after that. He is at the moment up in the peak district trying his kit out at 'boot camp steve waters' - go easy on him Steve he needs to start the trek in one piece!

The weather recently here has been of impossible prediction. One moment 28+ degrees annd bright sunshine, the next ferocious thunder storms. So we can pretty much guarantee that when we set off we are going to see a little bit of everything!

For those of you wondering what the blazes I am going on about, myself (Ben Honisett) and my brother in law (Daniel Parker) are hiking the GR10 trail across the Pyrenees mountain range. Starting at Hendaye and finishing in Banyuls-sur-Mer and covering some 900km and to male life a little harder in case younghink this sounds like a jolly - we will be carrying our full kits (around 23 kilo each) and trying to wild camp the whole route! All this in aid of charity. The kinamba project. Please visit their website at www.kinambaproject.org for details regarding this worthwhile cause and in deed to sponsor myself and Daniel.

Right am off to catch some Zzzzz in my comfy bed whilst o have one!!

Will update when dan arrives and were getting ready to go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb