Saint Jean de Luz


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Saint-Jean-de-Luz
July 16th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Saint Jean du Luz


Today we spent laying on the beach almost all day. Also got sunburnt a little bit and fell asleep on the beach. But first we tried to find a luggage storage. Which we couldn't. The lady at the tourist information said it is illegal here. Whatever. Then we bought lunch from a grocery store. There was no supermarket in town cos it was tiny and beachy and full of tourists. There was no single cloud in the sky and at 8 o'clock in the morning the beach was beautiful and warm enough to lie down in swimmers and read. At 11 we went to find a shady place to have lunch at. Then we had a look at the church. It was so exhausting carrying the backpacks everywhere! Unfortunately the church was closed but it was still pretty from the outside. The we swapped bags so I had Sam's heavy one and walked along the beach to the old harbour. The beach was so so pretty. And the water was such a nice colour. The harbour was magic, too. It was great. I loved it. It was so nice we just wanted to jump into the water. So Sam went to buy boardies and we went back to the beach to go into the water from a swim. The water was beautiful. Not a lot of waves. Thousands of people. But mad! That was also when I fell asleep at the beach. Afterwards I felt really shit and collapsey so we went to get frozen drinks. Yum! Then we walked up a headland kinda thing to some tiny white building. (with the bags!dammit heavy!) There was a great view over the ocean. On our way back we went and got the best ice cream. I got dark chocolate and pineapple - the best combination as I found out :D. Yeah and then it was already time to go back to the train station for our night train to Lisbon! Hello Portugal and see you later France ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb