Tapas and Torros


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Navarrenx
May 10th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

One for GrandfatherOne for GrandfatherOne for Grandfather

Fly fishermen after Salmon in the Gave d'Oloron
Well being the spontaneous people we are we spent the weekend in Pamplona, Spain.

The day started off with a nice quiet trip to St Jean Pied de Port planned for a spot of Sunday lunch but the lure of Spain only a stones throw away was a little too much - Spain being one of the countries that I have never actually visited. So I was in the bizarre position of being told stuff I didn't know by Ben - this is a rarity!

As we dropped over the Pyrenees the sun started to blaze and the landscape became considerably more red and arid and Ben mentioned beer.

That was it plans were immediately set for staying the night in Pamplona - only 40km from the French/Spanish border.

Armed with no map and no Spanish we headed of into the unknown.

Arriving in Pamplona we spent an interesting 30 mins attempting to find parking whilst Ben was busily also trying not to get us both killed! We though the French drove like nutters - little did we know!

Having found a place for Cornelius for the night it was now time to focus on ourselves. A period of confusion and much international sign language ensued as collectively Ben and I can say in Spanish "me gusta el vino" and "donde este autobus".

However "me gusta el vino" actually sorted me out for the night whilst Ben persued the culinary delights of Corrona.

One thing that I have learnt about my husband is that he has an uncanny skill to choose the most bizarre and offal based foods he can - usually unwittingly - this "talent" lead to some interesting tapas choices and much spitting out of the what was truly revolting food - I think France has spoilt us.

Now back in France we are busily attempting to organise putting an offer in on one of the houses we have seen and like - and it will make a good business too! However this is not the simple thing that it is in the UK and I have just spent the last hour completing and ENORMOUS survey about the property - hey ho C'est la vie.

Will keep you all posted.

And to keep you wingers quiet - here are more photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The neighboursThe neighbours
The neighbours

.... or dinner?


10th May 2006

does habitable include piping?
yeah, get back to the task and stop having fun. it's nauseating hearing of all your freedom and the prospect of gorgeous french cottages as i trawl around hackney preparing to do up a wreck of a flat surrounded by questionable neighbours that will probably remove all the copper piping as soon as i turn my back. does habitable include piping? Will.
19th May 2006

no, I'm not bloody french
Hi guys, you're commentry is very entertaining. Had to just drop a line, to congratulate you on the site. Where is the property pictures? Both myself and Fluey bought tents, but unlike you we are suddenly inundated with rain. Hoping to see it pitched at some point this summer. Did you get close to a bull in Pamplona, or is that just fiction. How was the drive over the mountains? Were with you there in spirit and admire your sense of adventure. Good luck with your search. Jacques
23rd May 2006

Found you!
Have been regularly looking at your Blog wondering how you were getting on - now I have found the "Next page" - so have truly caught up! What wonderful fun you guys are having! We loathed Pamploma - try St Sebastion! Tapas galore - not all offal based! Look forward to the next episdoe of the 'venture. Good luck ewith the house/survey/notaire/red tape! Lots of love to you both xx

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb