Tripe sausages and diesel disasters


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Brantome
September 5th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in France using the Channel tunnel after a five hour drive from North Wales we found ourselves in a Campanile in Rouen , Not the best of locations – in fact wished we had the motorhome already. Hotel was extremely noisy as the Tour de France aka Nogent Cycling Club arrived with two vans and a back up car and proceeded to service their bikes in the car parks. The noise from the adjacent road never stopped all night. Interesting meal of sausage which I later found out comprised of tripe!!!! Woke up next morning to heavy fog and headed south. Thankyou to nice French man who kindly used his credit card to buy us diesel when we found the garage only used French credit cards and of course we didn’t have one. As we were passing through Limoges decided to visit Oradour sur glane on the way through. What an amazing place. Could not understand why one human being could inflict such pain on another never mind 624 of them.
Visited the aire in Oradour and found it a delightful place with spaces for a number of motorhomes,washing facilities and picnic tables. A bit of walk to the town but manageable.
Staying in a gite in the Dordogne in Thiviers. Today we decided to visit Bourdeilles. Would recommend a visit to the donjon and chateau. Lovely cafe in the square beneath the castle and an excellent aire just up the road by the very picturesque River Dronne.
Brantome –definitely worth a visit, lovely riverside walks.excellent aire and amenities. Interesting boat trips available from the old bridge.
Small aire looked to be worth a stay in St Pierre de Cole not mentioned in All in the Aires france.
Enjoying stay but wish we had our motorhome.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb