Day 22 - Bordeaux


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
July 11th 2016
Published: July 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Slow morning, got to chat with the kids just as they were going to bed so that was nice, then spoke with the adults as well. Caught up on the news in Melbourne including the prediction of snow in Ringwood. Hmm, it was cold here today as well, 25c. Never mind.

Off to the trams today to do some city touring. Brunch first then away we go. Go to the new wine museum built last year. It resembles the swirl of wine in a glass, very trendy but at €20 to do a tour, not on. Wandered a bit then back on the tram and into the exchange to another line which takes us to ABC. Interesting church, then we wander down the main shopping street. Bit ordinary but worth the visit. Another church then another tram to the river and more historic arches, etc. to see.

Back into town for a well earned drink. In between we had requested accommodation in our next stop. Checked emails and it had come through so needed to get baked and finalise that. All done and confirmed so we now have train bookings and accommodation in San Sebastián (Spain).

We have to pack tonight but before that food. We wander the town and end up back at the place we had brunch. Not bad with a cheeky little Italian red. Back to pack and now off to sleep before our 0800 kick out of the apartment....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb