South of France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
November 1st 2009
Published: November 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday we landed near a tin shed in the south of France also known as the Bergerac airport!

Mum and dad's friend from college, Lynne picked us up and then drove us to their huge farmouse where we would stay for three nights. When we arrived we were met by her children Zenya, Devlyn and Sebastyn. They showed us around the house (I slept in the loft which was cool) as well as their many barns and sheds.

The next morning we went to a nearby village where we got baguettes. In the afternoon we drove to Monflanquin, which was a typical village frm this area with cobblestone steets, and quaint shps and houses. It was a 1 hour drive when we got there -it was boiling. we had a look around the town before having a cool drink and driving home.

At night the best thing happened... WE LIT FIREWOKS!!! I was so happy to hear they had some and that they're not illegal. It was great, my favourite was one that span around in circles like a UFO and looked really cool.

The next morning we went to a market. It was really good and sold some really good food, including the best waffles I've ever tasted.
We looked around until 1pm (when everything closes) and got a drink at one of the surrounding cafes before heading home.

Once at home we went to play tennis. It was great to have a hit after London where we had so much fun. It was quite hot so we got tired quickly. We played American doubles Dad against Harry and I.

The next day was our last day and we said goodbye before Lynne drove us to a town called Saint Emilion near Libourne (where we're catching the train to Paris) It was really famous village, so there were plenty of people, however we still managed to have lunch in the square. The weirdest thing about the city is that it was on a really steep hill and some streets you needed hand rails to assist you get up and down.

We had a marvellous time.

by Tom.

PS Unfortunately we have misplaced our cable for our camera, so I am unable to include any photos with this blog! Sorry!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb