South in search of sun and we found it at Sainte Eulalie en Born.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biscarosse
June 21st 2016
Published: June 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We hadn't really planned to go any further south given we only have 2.5 weeks but needs must when the North of France is cold and wet. Rained all night and still at it in the morning. Enough is enough, a summer is needed. Off we go south.

Headed for Bordeaux but first of all using quieter roads though at first we found ourselves on dual carriageways which I prefer to avoid as they send me to sleep and I can't snap snap with my camera to keep me awake.

Fortunately near Pons, Bob pulled off to find a garage as we needed fuel and we somehow lost our way a little and Tomtom was also a bit confused.

We drove through Pons, which fortunately was just big enough for us and Tandy, a rather attractive little town and then headed on a far quieter route down near Cognac. This was evident from the vineyards and Pineau / Cognac signs we passed.

We took the motorway to get round and past Bordeaux as no other viable option. Bob was rather pleased to have Tomtom to show him the exact route we needed as the motorway system round the city is humongous.

From there it was an east drive through the Landes, the very flat and now pine forest area which goes for miles following the coast with several large inland lakes. We were headed for Biscarrosse Lake at Sainte Eulalie en Born. We had found a municipal ASCI site Le Camping du Lac.

Amazingly excellent. $13 per night all in, no tax. Lovely pool, bar, shop. Superb newly refurbished sanitaires and a lovely 'green' site filled with bird song. And just outside a lake. Even the wifi is good at $6 for 3 days, 2 users. Perfect. We decided to stay for 3 days,

And then of course the sun. Blue sky drop dead gorgeous bright yellow sun. Summer at last and forecast hotter tomorrow.

Only slight hiccup was a party at the bar until 1.30 with a rather loud disco. Tricky getting to sleep as all windows open (roof vent had up to this point only been raised once and that briefly) because of the sudden heat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb