Family History


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Trois Epis
October 10th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Maison Vacance Trois EpisMaison Vacance Trois EpisMaison Vacance Trois Epis

The former family holiday home now a convent

Family Snaps



Beatrice showed us copies of the collection of family photos she has, which relate to Rob’s family which originated in Alsace. We also visited the cemetery where Rob’s Great, Great Grandfathers brothers family are buried, along with their children.

10/10/05 - Maison Trois Epis



We visited what was the family holiday home at Trois Epis. It is now a convent and was sold by the family back in 1950 to the Sisters of Charity (you know the flying nun variety of nuns). It is a grand maison and must have been a very elegant place in it’s time to spend a vacation.

From the house there are wonderful views back to Colmar and beyond. On a good day you can see a long way into Germany. Trois Epis is the starting point of many fine hiking trails and also is the home to a weather station.

Once our cousin Jean-Frédéric has completed his business studies and taken on a role in a Swiss Bank we have contracted him to arrange the funding to buy back the house at Trois Epis. So, anyone reading this that has a spare 2 million euro please let me know ASAP.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Lorenza plus our Swiss BankerLorenza plus our Swiss Banker
Lorenza plus our Swiss Banker

Lorenza with Jean-Frédéric who will soon depart to business college in Switzerland


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb