Day 19


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
May 24th 2009
Published: June 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Amber's Journal:
Today was a pretty lazy day. Our bed here, though not great, is 10 times better than the last two we have had. Needless to say we hadn't had a good night's sleep for the last week and we were exhausted. We slept until almost 9:30 this morning then had a great breakfast. We went to an internet cafe for a bit then walked back to the cathedral area to eat lunch. our lunch wasn't very good, though still much better than last night! After lunch we shopped around for the last of our souvenirs. I have to admit they don't have very cool souvenirs here, or anything they are well-known for as far as I could tell. We walked around old town and the Petite France quarter for awhile and it was so hot outside- hot and muggy. We ate ice cream and Mr. Freeze pops to try to cool off. Strasbourg is a cool city and very different from most of the other big cities we have been to. I love the unique architecture and the river. It's quite a bit dirtier than other cities though and also felt less safe in my opinion. There are a lot of sketchy people all over the place and a ton of obnoxious, disrespectful youth. Anyways, during the afternoon we went back to the hotel and watched a movie (lame, I know). It was nice to get out of the heat for a while. We went back to Old town to a restaurant called Le Gerber for dinner. It was much better than any other food we have had here but still wasn't totally great. Overall I'd say I'm not impressed with French food and I liked it less than any other country so far. After dinner we grabbed a few more pictures and headed back to the hotel to start packing up. Tomorrow we head to Frankfurt to catch our flight home. On a side note, today may not have been super exciting but I had a really great time with Preston. he is such a great husband and always so sweet to me. I am a really lucky girl to be married to him and to be able to come on this trip with him. There is no one else I would rather be here with.

Preston's Journal:

Preston slacked today and didn't write, please go to tomorrow for his entry covering today. Thank you ;o)


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb