Jam not jambon & a new look


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace » Strasbourg
September 2nd 2004
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Slept ok but our room was close to a few nightclubs and a small casino so it was a bit noisy. Took a walk about and found myself in a hair salon with my fingers crossed as a young gay hairdresser commenced to cut and colour my hair. It was a funny experience, he with no English and me with my wonderful French I had learnt 28 years ago and never used until now! The result was interesting after about two hours I had almost bright red hair that looked something like I had stuck my fingers in a light socket.

Obviously my attempts to say I would just like a trim please did not translate well!

So, with my new look we headed from Strasbourg to find the village of Bergheim, about one hours drive south. It was an easy drive and found our way with no problem at all. Bergheim stunned us - it is a medieval village with a town wall built in about 1300 and many of the houses and other buildings date from the 1500 to 1600's. In the background are wineries, then mountains and an imposing castle in the distance. How different is this compared to Australia, or the Netherlands!

Our home here for the next two weeks "La Cour Du Bailli" is fantastic. We had a generous sized room, with kitchenette, fridge, dishwasher, oven, etc, a small dining table and a big bathroom. No complaints form us about this place.

We had dinner in and then went wandering the village. Made some calls back home and found that we had received a letter from one of the family contacts we had written to, he had given us his phone number. So, I called Pierre and was happy to find he spoke good English, told us he would be delighted to meet us. We made arrangements to meet in a few days.

The weather in the Netherlands had mostly been about 18c and overcast, here it was 26c, fine and sunny, the forecast for tomorrow 31c.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 33; qc: 154; dbt: 0.1824s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb