Muhu Island


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Saaremaa » Muhu
June 26th 2015
Published: June 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Biked 57 miles today for a total of 260 miles.

Woke up to partly sunny skies with a brisk wind out of the Southwest, which provided a nice tailwind all day.

Did not have to deal with rain until we were safely secured at our next stop on Muhu Island.

We made our way out of Kuressaare along the east coast of Saaremaa Island.

We stopped at Piret's boulder along the way.

Had lunch in Orissaare .

Crossed the earthen bridge that links Saaremaa and Muhu islands. We flew across this as the wind blew with gusto.

Briefly visited a windmill on the far side of the bridge called Eemu. Pam bought a wooden carved spatula here.

Later we stopped at the Hellamaa Orthodox, built in 1864, and graveyard.

Very shortly after we arrived at our place for the night, it began to rain.

We are staying at a winery, but no servicible grape plants, called Luscher and Mietisen. It is a fine oasis here on Muhu island.

It was good to meet up with Gary and Bobbie again. Had a great dinner with tonight. At the winery they were having traditional Estonia meal - including baked inground lamb for 11 hours and other interesting foods. We did not partake and a more tical Estonian meal. The owner of this establishment, owns a similar restaurant in Tallinn, which he closes in summer and opens the one here. The one here closes in the winter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb