Surprise! We got "Mary-ed"!


Advertisement
Europe » Estonia » Parnu
September 5th 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 58.386, 24.4986So ... we decided to fake that we got married to trick a group of common friends that nagged us incessantly about hooking up on this trip. The story was that we got married in Girona, Spain, and that I surprised Mary with a honeymoon in Estonia. Today is the day that we begin to execute the final phase of the plan. This was not an easy thing to pull off since it was a comp... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

ii
i

In the Museum of New Art - Funny interpretation of "The Last Supper".
jj
j

Another version of it ...
kk
k

I really liked this painting. It has personal meaning for me, and is symoblic of the voices I always hear inside of my head.
k1k1
k1

A statue of Lenin. Obviously the Soviet occupation is still a sore point for the people (who could blame them?), with everything covered in garbage bags. Check out the little sign on the front of the jeep - "Banned History".
ll
l

Sign for a strip club - I don't think I'd want to go to any strip joint named "Nasty".
mm
m

Second-hand love? Sounds a little nasty, to me ...
m2m2
m2

Donuts and coffee. Scratch that - CRAPPY donuts and coffee. They were kind of chewy and didn't have enough sugar. They actually tasted a little bit like the "fried ghosts" that us Chinese like to eat with our congee. Mary-ism #18: Mary called them "Meany donuts", as in "mini". That wasn't very nice of Mary - what have these donuts done to her to warrant being branded as meanies?
m3m3
m3

Mary Moment #25: Mary liked this guy because of his musical talent. Didn't have the heart to tell her he was a statue.
UU
U

Me drinking sparkling wine on the beach. Again, my "wedding" ring is there for all to see.
VV
V

A shot of us on the beach - regular version.
WW
W

A shot of us on the beach - the joke version.
w2w2
w2

Mary Moment #26: Mary noticed the trail of the plane flying overhead and commented that "There are so many planes up there!" Mental note: 1 = many for Mary.
w3w3
w3

Notice how Mary used her right hand to hold the glass? Didn't want anybody to see that she had no ring on her left.
XX
X

Sparkling wine on a beautiful beach in Estonia, at sunset ... if only we were actually together - it would have been so romantic!
YY
Y

The last few moments before the sun disappeared.
ZZ
Z

Saw this and HAD to get it for Tri. Van Damme gum ... why?
ZAZA
ZA

The Baltic version of "Bazooka Joe" gum. "School Girls" - instead of getting a lame little comic, you get a sticker of a scantily-clad woman. I was actually a little disturbed by this ... so I put the sticker on my backpack. But only to raise awareness about the issue ... yes ... that's the reason ...
zyzy
zy

Dinner at Trahter Postipoiss. Notice the kids table? Given Mary's small proportions, she probably should have sat there rather than at the adults table with me.
zzzz
zz

Deja vu - me drinking ... cider ... again??? It tasted a bit like cherry cough syrup mixed with 7 Up. In my defence, I had a bit of a cough - so drinking this cough syrup-like cherry cider was purely for medicinal purposes. And who would've thought that you could get a bad cider in Estonia?
zzazza
zza

Deer - very sweet, tender, and flavourful. The fried potato rosettes were yummy - crisp on the outside, and soft and smooth on the inside. Perfect with the gravy. The zucchini and mushrooms also had a terrific grilled flavour. The strawberry was an interesting touch.
zzczzc
zzc

Mary's Siberian dumplings. Who knew that Siberian food could be so good? Delicious and dense meat stuffed in tender dough, served in a rich, tasty broth. Simple, but tasty - is it the Siberian equivalent of Vietnamese pho?



Tot: 0.427s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1127s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb