Exploring the Botanical Gardens


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
September 21st 2008
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Christiansborg Palace01 Christiansborg Palace01 Christiansborg Palace

The boring looking palace that we walked through.
Geo: 55.6763, 12.5681

This morning we checked out and walked towards the nearby canal and over the bridge to Christiansborg Palace. It was a very boring looking palace. We walked through and headed towards the Marble Church, once again passing Newhaven. It looked really different today compared to yesterday. Today's sunshine was a big improvement.

Marble Church seemed quite small inside and quite grey. We noticed a sign that said we could climb up the dome for a small amount. It was decided that we should go up, we were here as tourists and that is what tourists do. We went up a few staircases and came to the base of the dome. We walked along the curved walkway to the other side of the dome. From up here it was a great view of the church interior. The only way to the top was up more stairs, we continued on.

Finally we came to the top of the dome. Luckily it wasn't too windy. The view was pretty good. We could see the size of Amalienborg Palace and its symmetrical layout. Once we had taken many photos, we were ready for lunch. Walking in the direction of the Botanical Gardens
02 Opera House02 Opera House02 Opera House

This building was pretty from the outside.
we found a supermarket and bought food for a picnic in the gardens. After we had eaten we walked around and enjoyed the greenery and many types of plants and flowers. There is a huge glasshouse that was free, so we went in. It was pretty cool- not literally. The temperature was really hot and humid. I climbed to the top of the staircase and was at the same level as the top of the plants- it was even more hot and humid up here. My camera did not like the temperature and the lens fogged up. I didn't stay up there for long. We went into the other glasshouse rooms. Each room seemed to have a theme. It was then time for us to slowly make our way to the airport. I really enjoyed being back in Copenhagen and having more time to explore the city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

03 Square03 Square
03 Square

A huge square with a statue and flower garden in the middle.
04 Newhaven04 Newhaven
04 Newhaven

The colourful buildings looked fantastic against the bright blue sky.
05 Marble Church05 Marble Church
05 Marble Church

The outside of the church.
06 Dome06 Dome
06 Dome

Looking up at the dome of the Marble Church.
07 Altar07 Altar
07 Altar

Looking down onto the altar.
08 Blue crosses08 Blue crosses
08 Blue crosses

The sunlight coming through the windows made these blue crosses appear- looks pretty cool!
09 Amalienborg Palace09 Amalienborg Palace
09 Amalienborg Palace

The palace complex as seen from the top of the Marble Church.
10 Church10 Church
10 Church

A church in the surrounding area as seen from the top of the Marble Church.
11 Buildings11 Buildings
11 Buildings

Buildings- Danish style.
12 Us12 Us
12 Us

AJ, Dee, Jess, Me and Charne at the top of the Marble Church.
13 Marble Church13 Marble Church
13 Marble Church

Looking up at the church from the ground.
14 Statue14 Statue
14 Statue

Statue in the Botanical Gardens. I wonder what she is saying to him....
15 Gardens15 Gardens
15 Gardens

A rock paved area of the gardens.
16 Glasshouse16 Glasshouse
16 Glasshouse

The outside of the huge glasshouse.
17 Bee17 Bee
17 Bee

A bee on a yellow flower.
18 Staircase18 Staircase
18 Staircase

I walked up this staircase to the top. It was soooo hot. My camera didn't like the humidity.
19 Top19 Top
19 Top

Looking up at the top of the glasshouse.
20 Flowers20 Flowers
20 Flowers

Tiny little white flowers that look like ice.
21 Huge Lilypads21 Huge Lilypads
21 Huge Lilypads

Massively huge lilypads in a pond.


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0264s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb