2nd day in Ebeltoft


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Midtjylland
June 20th 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lovely start to the day, blue sky and sunny so we walked along the beach path into Ebeltoft.
Foolishly forgot our umbrella and regretted it later when it rained heavily for half an hour but the morning was beautiful and we thought summer had come.
We visited the Fregaten Jylland which is a very long wooden frigate that has been completely restored. The display below decks was a bit scary as we kept coming across realistic dummies doing nasty things - lie a captain cutting a sailor’s leg off !

There was a talk about the cannons but we missed that out as couldn’t understand a word, not that is until they asked us to get behind the rope as they were about to fire one of the cannon. One big bang and a lot of smoke later ….

We then walked round this little gem of a town with its brightly coloured pretty buildings. They were a bit brighter because the rain had wet them and we had to shelter for a while in doorways.
Made a quick visit to the glass museum on the harbour but found it was more an exhibition than a museum which was odd. Even so the glass on display was superb and I wish I could make things like that.

Back at the campsite unfortunately it kept showering so couldn’t sit out. A shame as between showers it was really sunny and warm and the location of the campsite, right on the shore of such a pretty bay, is fantastic.
Another glorious sunset and a totally clear sky. Weather forecast is definitely better for next two days. Lets hope so as we are heading to the top of Jutland tomorrow and campsite has a pool.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

EbeltoftEbeltoft
Ebeltoft

Think this is the town hall but might be a doll's house !
EbeltoftEbeltoft
Ebeltoft

Pretty even when it has just poured down
EbeltoftEbeltoft
Ebeltoft

Lovely harbour especially when the sun was out again


23rd June 2010

Nice!
Nice reading. We are going there in two weeks and we are looking around for interesting places to visit!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb