Den Gamly By


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Midtjylland » Aarhus
July 5th 2006
Published: July 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Den Gamly ByDen Gamly ByDen Gamly By

Carriage rides in the park
Day 13

Breanne took us around to the sites in Aarhus. One was a Williamsburg-like part of Aahus they call old town (Den Gamly By). There were people dressed up like the people of the era. There were also children playing games and running around the town just like it was back then. Kinda cool. In the evening, the rotary had a special dinner for us and Breanne. When we got there, the custom is to take a beer opener that is on a special hanger on the wall. Each opener has number and you are to sit at the place that corresponds with the number. This way you usually sit by someone different at each meeting. The meal started with buttered rye bread that they passed around. Then the herring that you put on top of the bread, then a mustard/mayo type spread that you put on top of that. I couldn’t do it. I ate the rye bread but just couldn’t bring myself to eat the herring. Neither did the girls. Ted did though. Must be a rotary thing….
After that, they served meat kabobs, potato salad, and a broccoli-veggie mix. It was very good. They also have
Den Gamly ByDen Gamly ByDen Gamly By

Another pic of the old town
a shot of schnapps between this time and many beers. It was nice meeting all the people that took care of Breanne while she was here.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb