Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 13th 2017
Published: August 11th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We arrive in Copenhagen and walk into town. The famous little mermaid statue is along the waterfront. It is a beautiful day and lots of people are out enjoying the sunshine. We walk to Christiansborg Palace and take the free lift to the top with 360 views of the city. We also walk by Amalienborg Castle and take a picture of the guard. We visit St Alban's Church and Marble Church.

Nyhavn is a very popular area to eat at one of its many cafes that line the canal. The colorful townhouses are from the 17th and 18th centuries. We walk through this area several times during our visit.

Our second day here we go to Tivoli Gardens a famous amusement park and gardens. We buy a ticket that does not include rides. We enjoy our day in the park and we have lunch there.

After the park we walk to Christiania the Freetown of Copenhagen. We find artistic graffiti everywhere. The objective of the area is to create a self governing society where each individual holds themselves responsible for the wellbeing of the entire community. It's main drag known as Pusher Street has stalls that openly sell hash and weed. The community does have rules forbidding sale of hard drugs. Drugs are illegal in Copenhagen but the police leave Christiania alone.

This is a beautiful city and we have enjoyed our time here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.387s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.3209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb