LEAVING COPENHAGEN


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
October 1st 2006
Published: October 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Leaving DenmarkLeaving DenmarkLeaving Denmark

View in front of hotel at 7am when departing Copenhagen

Hi All. or for the final time, "Hilsen fra Kopenhavn".

at least this keyboard in the airport has a 'normal' layout , not like that freakin one in the internet cafe in town. (Adrian here, bye the way) The bit I typed late last nite when I was stuffed was a bit of a mess I know!!
Some keyboards have all those funny "O's and A's and the @ and capital locks in the wrong places. Mary was swearin' & cursin' when she was typing.

As I said, we are in the lounge at CPH airport waiting for our boarding to Prague at 2pm.

Very sad checkout at the Avenue Hotel this morning. The reception staff so nice and friendly. Mary was showing the girl her photos of Denmark, Australia! With so many Europeans living in apartments, the sight of someones own home is almost beyond their immagination, let alone the size of our blocks!

Copenhagen was VERY expensive.....we won't ever again complain about Aussie prices! eg., 30 - 40 Kroner for a cup of coffee (= about $A 9 - 10.00 ) and to eat out a very light lunch about $A 50.00 ea )
CHP AirportCHP AirportCHP Airport

Nice and sunny at 2pm about to board for Prague, Mary in green shirt.


However, the bus fares reasonable, so we got around a lot.

This morning the sun is shining beautifully, temp perfect 19 degC, and there was a lovely foggy mist across the canals and lakes as we rode out in the bus to the airport.

CPH Aitport very big and busy. Being a popular hub, there are flights giong to almost every city and town in Europe, non stop. thousands of peoplel milling around.

We got 'fast tracked' thru SAS business class security gate, no waiting in queue, and for the first time didn't have to take my shoes off ("Just step this way Sir, no that will be OK, please pass through and have a nice flight")...........lovely.

SAS Club Lounge is superb. We thought Qantas and All Nippon were great, but this one litterally 'takes the cake'! Yes, it's a gourmet feast!
Beautiful scandanavian furnishings with every comfort facility and of course, the usual "Miss Maud" type food laid out buffet style. Mary's OD'd on coffee and cakes while I find their hams and cheeses the best I have ever tasted. A bit early for the wines yet (yes, it's all free!) as we got here early to relax and write up our diarys and send this blog.
Will get stuck in to lunch soon......

This computer terminal is in a bank of several dozen (free) but doesn't have a USB port or a CD drive so I can't post any pics from here, will have to wait till Prague tonite if there is one where we are staying.

By the way, those couple of pics we posted in previous blogs, (upon reviewing them this morning) seem to be out of kilter with the captions. eg., the loo at Tokyo is not the 'tunnel' ?

Will close off now and go for a wander around the place. Our flying time to Prague is just over an hour in a smaller prop jet plane ( a "Dash 8 "for those aviation types who may be reading this) so I suppose it will be a bit like flying from Perth down to Albany with Skywest!
Weather for Prague is raining but still 20 deg. (global warming?)

We are staying in a nice sounding B&B there, so looking foward to getting some washing done (the travellers perenial chore).

Bye for now, talk from Prague.

A & M.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb