Last Day in Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 27th 2014
Published: July 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, we traveled out of the city to Elsinore for a brief photo stop of the outer walls and towers of the impressive Kronborg Castle, the setting of Shakespeare’s play, Hamlet. We continued on through Denmark’s Northern Zealand region for a view of the Royal Family’s summer residence, Fredensborg Palace. The palace is located in a lovely park surrounded by Esrum Lake. We then traveled to Frederiksborg Castle located in the magnificent surroundings of Hillerod. While at the castle, we viewed the National Museum, Chapel and Knight’s Hall. Sharyn had stayed behind to explore the shops around our hotel so when we returned she was very enthusiastic about the people she had met and the shops she had discovered. Just as our bus had reached our hotel, it started raining pretty hard, but by the time we were ready to go out again, the sun was out and we were good to go.



A group of us had decided to walk down to the pedestrian streets which is where there are many, many shops and as we discovered, a lot of pedestrians. We didn’t see anything that interesting and as all the shops were not air conditioned, we quickly decided we needed to adjust our plans. As it turned out, we were at the ticket office for a harbor boat ride on the canal so we took a 1-hour cruise which was relaxing and refreshing. We saw Bill Gates yacht among other things and I got a good shot of Our Savior Church. After our boat ride we decided to stop for supper and we noticed that it was happy hour and everyone was drinking and not eating yet so we moved away from the water and found a quiet street which had a buffet with a Mediterranean flavor. Afterwards, with legs and feet aching, we made it back to our hotel to pack for our departure the following morning.



Today is bittersweet as it is our last day in Copenhagen/Scandinavia. We had a fabulous time and this trip far exceeded our expectations. We are looking forward to returning to our lives back home, but sad to leave our new-made friends and the beauty of Scandinavia. Many of the people we have met take many, many trips a year and we received some good recommendations of countries to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Church of Our SaviorChurch of Our Savior
Church of Our Savior

Best known for its corkscrew spire with an external winding staircase that can be climbed to the top offering extensive views over central Copenhagen.


27th July 2014

Safe travels home
Loved sharing your Scandinavian adventures. Sounds like you have other adventures planned, can't wait to hear about them. Safe travels home xo ?
27th July 2014

Last Day
Great pictures as usual. I especially liked the Church of Our Savior. We just wanted to compliment you, Georgiana, on your wonderful blog and thank you for letting us tag along on your trip. We have enjoyed it. Thanks so much.
27th July 2014
Man washing hair on his boat

Fun times!
The boys enjoyed hearing/reading the blog. Sorry we did not post too much....my phone was acting funny.
28th July 2014

good stuff!
wow what a trip! Once again great blogging and pictures

Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb