train 525 Stockholm- Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 20th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Went yesterday in Stockholm to visit the old town.Crowded bjut looking good.In the evening I viosited one of the many restaurants and had goodfood and drunk only a little due too high taxes.

Had to get up early to have still abreakfast before walking to the station.Train 525 to Copenhagen was in time, the announcements in the train were in swedish and english.An old train but clean and could even be in use for handicapped with wheelchairs.Each wagon on both sides a machine to help the wheelchair in and even the toilets big enough.

Sweden going south from Stockholm is beautiful green. Meadows with almost no cows. Only at one farm I saw the cows bringing into the meadows. Probably they just took their last drops and had to start up the process again with fresh grass..

Small houses, sometimes villages and even small towns, lakes.Everything looks very good organised.Not many people in this big country you hardly find the few millions of people back outside Stockholm.For a highspeed train there were too many stops but seeing the toilet you could tell it was no highspeed train at all.

A young guy opposite of me ate 6 sandwiches and a roll and still looking if that was the beginning..Arrived in Copenhagen after 5 hours.Checked the train for tomorrow and found out that they do the same as in Holland in the week ends,Repairing. So tomorrow I ve to travel partly by bus with some delay but still in time to catsch the ferry from Hirstal to Thorshavn. Leaving Hirstal 15.00 hours on saturday and arrivin Thorshavn 22.00 hours sunday.

Did the hop on hop of this afternoon. Hotel looks a bit different from the website but still o.k.

Advertisement



20th July 2012

Was thinking about you
To day visited Jerez de la Frontera as you know famous through the Jerez. Expected an exiting town in wich you can smell the jerez miles away. Only diisappointing to day. Well tomorrow si an other day. Take care. Cees
23rd July 2012

Yes Cees Jerez is rather dull.But you can make some interesting visits to bodega s. I advise not more than two a day for you can get seriously drunk

Tot: 0.314s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb