Copenhagen, Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 21st 2007
Published: July 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 21st, 2007
Copenhagen, Denmark

Raining buckets as we arrived into a beautiful port area, where condos are expensive and looking out to sea. The captain did a 180 as soon as he entered the sheltered area of the port then parallel parked without help, wow!
The rain stopped!
The group met as planned, 8:30 outside the ship and we walked to the little mermaid around the marina next door, what a tiny lovely sculpture overlooking the port. After many pictures we hopped on a hop on, hop off bus that brought us to downtown with commentary; we bought a 3 bus ticket and toured the 3 loops: Christina (palaces), Carlsberg(beer) and the harbour. At the end of the day, this loop brought us back to the front door of the ship.
The sun came out!
We did a bit of walking from the city hall to the Rundturn (roundtower), I wanted to climb it because built in 1650, Peter the Great of Russia and other Scandinavian countries had ridden his horse up the ramp and his wife followed in a carriage pulled by 4 white horses; the view of the old town was grand from up 40 or so meters. We then walked through the gardens around the Rosenberg Castle (crown jewels) but we did not go in- enough.
Now back at the ship, 2:30, trivia at 3:45, Smorgasboard buffet at 4:30 sailaway, maybe dinner and 10pm chocolate extravaganza!
Tomorrow, last port: Oslo Norway, we are planning the hop on, hop off bus and the resistance museum.
Love to all




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb