Cesky Krumlov


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
August 1st 2022
Published: August 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Cesky KrumlovCesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov

Castle on the hill
Took CK Shuttle to Cesky Kumlov from Prague. Cesky Krumlov is a UNESCO heritage site about a three hour drive south of Prague in a mountainous region. It is a well preserved city of 13,000 people with most of the structures from the 14th and 15th century. A river meanders through the middle of the city. Cesky Krumlov has the second largest castle in the Czech Republic and sits on top of the hill in the middle of the city. Why is that? It always makes it so much more difficult to get up there!! The streets are all cobblestone which also makes it difficult to walk. Most people take one day tours to the city and spend 3 to 4 hours here. Before Covid, up to two million people would visit a year. We decided to spend three nights to enjoy meandering the streets with less crowds during the morning and evening. Gorgeous green hills, setting sun and the sound of the river.
As far as Czech food, we will quote the late Anthony Bourdaine who was our favorite host on on his TV show which married travel with food and culture. His quote was " Czech food was a country that vegetables forgot".

This is the last of the Czech Republic and now onto Passau Germany.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Cesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov

Castle on the hill
Cesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov

Castle gardens
Cesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov

River through the middle of the city
Cesky KrumlovCesky Krumlov
Cesky Krumlov

Had to tell them I wasn't registered to vote and not a citizen
The Real BudweiserThe Real Budweiser
The Real Budweiser

This name was stolen by American Budweiser


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 29; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb