Georgia - 2017 Prague 1/1/17


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 1st 2017
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0878, 14.4205

We started the new year a lot earlier than the rest of Prague – the streets were deserted and the contrast to last night's crowds was phenomenal!We caught a tram up to the Castle for 10 am Mass. What we hadn't realised was that it was high mass and would go for over 2 hours!! After an hour of the Liturgy of the Word (all in Czech apart from one prayer of the faithful in English and one in French) in a freezing cold Church we decided that we were done.We headed outside for a restorative warm bite to eat – which was nice but also very expensive! We were what our tour guide called being “Ham scammed”. That is that the price shown on the board was per 100g and each serve was 250g – meaning the price was a LOT more than we'd expected!!We then went through the rooms of the castle that are open to the public, then returned to the Cathedral which was the highlight by far! The decoration was beautiful and we all enjoyed seeing the tomb of “Good King Wenceslas”.We had lunch around the corner from our apartment and then had a much needed rest.That evening we returned with the boys to see the Astronomical Clock and then went to see the family fireworks display. Unfortunately, it was a lot cloudier than yesterday so we could just see the colours of the fireworks through the clouds – still a very impressive display though. We then returned to the place where we ate on the first night for another delicious meal!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb