Day 3 - 4th January 2014 - Prague Castle and KGB Museum


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 4th 2014
Published: March 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today started with another excellent buffet breakfast. The day, like the previous ones, was not particularly cold. We headed out to find Tram 22 for the trip to Prague Castle.

The journey was very easy. We brought tram tickets from the hotel reception desk. The reception staff explained where to catch the tram and where to get off. From then we simply followed the crowd to the castle.

We arrived shortly after 11.00. After getting our tickets we decided to get into position to watch the full Changing of the Guard at midday. I am glad we saw it, even though it was nowhere near as impressive as the one at Buckingham Palace!

We spent the next couple of hours generally wandering around the Castle area before finally ending up at the Lobkowicz Palace for lunch. Lunch was excellent and very reasonably priced for where we ate.

After lunch we spent quite a time in the Golden Lane area. Gary and the two boys thoroughly enjoyed shooting crossbows at one of the little houses in the lane.

After leaving the castle, we then walked generally sightseeing the area of Prague around the castle. We finally ended up at the KGB Museum. We spent probably an hour in here, I have to admit I didn’t particularly enjoy it but the boys all seemed to.

We then walked back to the Charles Bridge to freshen up and change before heading to dinner at Rainer Maria Wilke, a beautiful restaurant very close to the Leonardo.

Our time in Prague was only short but we loved the city and found we could see quite a lot in a short time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb