Walk a little, Talk a little


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 19th 2013
Published: May 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

YummyYummyYummy

Breakfast at Hotel Louren
I really wanted to see the Czech Traditional Musicians and Dancers but really didn't want to go on a commercial tour. This amazing trip has unfolded with such uncanny spontaneous manifestation I should not have been surprised when on the way to the metro an open air market was in full swing. Lo and behold they had these authentic and energetic performers. The men throw their legs in the air, tassels on their boots flying high. There were smokers made from wood barrels and the end result was the smoked fish you see.

I proceeded to the Tower Park Prague, one of the few structures disturbing the unique panorama of Prague. The tower, stretching to all of 216 m, is by far the highest in the Czech Republic and during days of clear visibility it is possible to see up to 100kms. It was built during the years 1985-1992 in the area of a former Jewish cemetery. The tower has Babies crawling up the exterior and a crazy observation deck with egg shaped suspended chairs. They are THE ONE ROOM HOTEL with rates of $1250 / night . . . YES they have availability.

Another stroke of luck, arrive at Old Town thinking I'll do a Hop on Hop off bus thingy. Stumble upon a FREE walking tour of Prague. A group of 19, all English speaking are paired with Collin, a strapping, good looking man from Scotland. He has a great command of the Czech history and a great sense of humor. The walking tour was all thru the Old historical district in the morning and continued to Prague Castle in the afternoon, ending at Golden Lane, a charming short street full of shops with Czech handiwork and arts and crafts.

A Joe Cocker concert at O2 Arena completed my day. Quite curiously the people at the concert remained seated until the encore when that finally rose from their seats and the dancing started.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Tower Park PrahaTower Park Praha
Tower Park Praha

One Room Hotel. $1,250 / night
BabiesBabies
Babies

Tower Park Artwork
A Jewish ClockA Jewish Clock
A Jewish Clock

Numbered backwards, runs backwards
The Estates TheaterThe Estates Theater
The Estates Theater

Mozart loved to play here
Royal GuardRoyal Guard
Royal Guard

Blowing a Kiss
Astronomical ClockAstronomical Clock
Astronomical Clock

Symbol of Prague


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb