Beautiful Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
April 13th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A long journey by train. Thankfully kristina had her driver wating for us even though the train was almost 2 hours late. just a 20 minute drive and we were there, Aparthotel Prague 5. kristina put the kids in the toy/playroom and took us in to the cafe to explain all we needed to know, she circled all the important things on map, gave us coffee (beer for Greg) and answered all of cover questions.

We headed off very quickly to childrens island, a huge park on an island in the middle of the river. Kids spent ages burning off energy. we then headed down to the Charles bridge, Cooper was most impressed as it featured in MI1, the movies he'd only just watched. The walk across it took ages, it's crammed with artists and musicians. there was agreat jazz band and some people swing dancing to their music.

Lovely day, cool but no rain. We then got lost many times in the streets or Prague, all tiny cobble alleys. like Edinburgh this city is full of shops selling tourist tat, glass, puppets, babushka dolls are the main things selling, plus the usual thshirts and magnets! Every shoP is either selling this stuff of is a cafe selling authentic Czech food. Besides the shops the old town really is just that, full of history.

We found the famous astronomical clock and with thousands of others stood and watch it all happen.We the headed to the Jewish quarter but forgot is was Friday so nothing was open. I made eeveryone trek back to central station to confirm tickets for Vienna, no needtoo have done that so a huge bonus walk for nothing. We then caught the metro back and went to the farmers markets to get supplies for dinner, breads, cheeses and sausages (like a pepperoni).


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.079s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb