Vienna to Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 17th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Vienna to Prague



As we travelled through Bohemia to Prague, we stopped at the World Heritage listed town of Cesky Krumlov. This pretty little medieval town was situated on a river bend with plenty of water-sport participants making the most of a hot day in their kayaks while owners watched on as their dogs enjoyed the cool water with flowing current.
At the castle we came across a small enclosure where a brown bear was seen pacing – such a large beautiful animal in a small space. Although this is sad to see it makes us appreciate our Australian zoos like Western Plains in Dubbo.
We had lunch at a pub to find that half a litre of beer was cheaper than 200mL of coca-cola! Then it was time to get back on the coach for our drive towards Prague.
Prague is also known as the city of a thousand spires, and we enjoyed our time snaking through the medieval city’s maze of cobbled streets to discover Gothic architecture, crossing Charles Bridge to see changing of the guards at Hradcany Castle. We continued on to St Vity’s Cathedral and Wenceslas Square.
After seeing souvenir shop after shop of expensive Russian dolls, we wandered the street markets before taking the train back to our campsite a lazy afternoon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lach's Friday Car Lach's Friday Car
Lach's Friday Car

The car was a bit dirty, so thought we'd leave it in town to be washed before taking it for a spin! (OR NOT)


Tot: 0.317s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb