Czarny Most - The end of the world, well okay its only the end of the metro line


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
August 6th 2010
Published: August 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So after the teary goodbyes from my Earthwatch team, I arrived to familiar faces of my fathers cousin Janet and her husband a native Czech from Moravia, Frank.

They are currently on a big Europe holiday mainly in Czech Republic and were housesitting in cute cottage on the outskirts of Prague in the suburb Czarny Most. My host tried to convince to stay in Prague city because to Prague citizens its the eld of the world. But im happy i got to see this old village which is on the edge of Prague and is now the focus of major commerical and residential development and the cute cottage we were staying in.

Staight into some daytrips. Our first day trip was to Podebrady. Podebrady is a spa town, the springs here were found only in 1920. They manily have treatment rooms/hospitals for people to use the springs/spas for medicinal purposes.

We tried two of the springs, the first smleed like sewerage (sulphur) and kinda tasted how it smelt though it got better after the first sip. The second spring tasted as if it has less sulfur - these springs are supposed to be good for the heart.

Our second day trip was to Hradec Kralove. It was once a fortressed town but now it has a ring road where the walls were. It also has a distinguishable old and new town. Though the new town is from 1920's.
It had a beautiful old town square - which is more like a long triangle. It had many beautiful old buildings restored. We walked and admired the streets. It was very quiet, Frank kept asking where are all the people?! We had a tasty lunch of fried cheese and chips.

I have been very impressed with the parks and gardens in the Czech Republic. We also climbed to the top of the White Tower to have a magnificent view of the city. Also inside was a bell from the 1500's which weighed around 12,000 tonnes. Imagine having to pull that?!

We returned home for a quick dinner before my overnight train to Warsaw.

And note everynight we enjoyed local Czech wine from our wine expert Frank. That was very much appreciated by me!

Thanks Janet and Frank. It was great to see you, maybe next time it will be in Victoria!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Frank and IFrank and I
Frank and I

On the top of the White Tower


6th August 2010

Awesome
Looks like your having fun!!
6th August 2010

Awesome stories and photos my girl!
Bridgey looks and sounds like you are in your element over there..... Super envious right now :)XX
10th August 2010

Travel greetings from Nathan
Wow! sounds like your having an amazing time. Great to here your travel stories on your blog.
15th August 2010

Hi Sis it looks like you are really enjoying yourself

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb