Special Week -- Ph.D students


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
January 27th 2006
Published: January 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Occasionally there is a special week here at the seminary and we have just finished one such week. This is the week when as many as possible of the Ph. D. students, both those who live here and those who study and work from their home locations come to IBTS to given presentations and to have their work reviewed. Needless to say there are many group meetings and many meetings between students and their advisors. Most of these students spend what free time they have working, studying and doing research in the seminary library. The range of topics they are working on is amazing. The results of some of this research will be important throughout the Christian world since it is really groundbreaking research. This is one of those weeks when the library is open each night until 9:00 p.m. (21:00). By week's end all the library workers and students are, shall we say, quite tired.

Nancy- It was fun for me to meet briefly with these students at the begining of the week and let them all know I am here to do as much as possible to support the parts of their research which can be done through library literature searches, etc. This is the first time I have ever met with them in a group. It was really nice to see some of the students who I already had worked with(long distance via the Internet) using the facilities of Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisonburg, VA. This fine library has a collection of books and journals which is very close to the same as ours here in Prague. They also make use of the same databases which we subscribe to. They were generous to a fault in allowing me to use their facilities at any time during the months we were back in the USA. Most exciting of all for me was to put faces to the names I had read only in e-mail.

After chapel today all the Ph.D. students, professors and advisors gathered in the back of the chapel to have their photo taken. Here they are .................................

Advertisement



1st February 2006

Receiving the Blogs
We are now receiving the blogs and enjoy them. We also wish we were there . You make it sound so interesting. I love the pics of the children, They are so cute . Thanks for opening up your world to us.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb