Prague from the Old Town Clock Tower


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
December 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

There is a observation level at the top of the Old Town Clock Tower that gives stunning views of Prague since the Clock Tower is in a very central location. Many people climb the stairs or take the elevator to the top of the tower to orient themselves to interesting parts of town. There is a good visitor's center on the first floor of the tower that makes it a great first stop for folks who have come to watch the famous ancient clock on the hour. There is lots of literature there for the tourist. There are several exhibits on different floors of the tower but we didn't visit them so can't comment on the quality of the exhibits. During Advent and the weeks running up to Easter, the view of the square itself is really nice since you can see all the little booths and decorations which make the square a very festive attraction. Bill took the orientation pictures of downtown Prague as seen from the tower. Nancy took pictures mostly involved with the Advent 2008 celebrations within the Old Town Square.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb