Art Nouveau and Mucha


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 5th 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the Mucha museum we discovered with an amazing artist Mucha is and not just illustrator. It seems as though he single handedly created Art Nouveau at least in the art realm not necessarly the architecture realm. But what's amazing was that he was such a fine artist (the Slav Epic being his masterwork), not just a commercial illustrator which is what he seems to be known for. The Mucha museum is an amazing little out of the way find in Prague and I can add a new artist to my favorites list after having only been introduced to him yesterday though the stained glass window at St. Vitus Cathedral.

After the museum we took a funicular up to the Petrin tower and park. We strolled around the beautiful park that's hardly written up in any tourist guidebooks. We found a strange and interesting art exhibition by the fantasy artist Reon Argondian in the park. It was an interesting art gallery as it was created by the artist himself and they invited you to enjoy a drink of sangria while you looked around the pagan inspired art.

After the "Magical Grotto" we had a lunch at an italian place and wandered toward the Little Quarter. Chrissy found an art piece in an antiques shop and we rested a bit before the evening.

Tonights entertainment was the Laterna Magica blacklight show about the Argonauts. It was a fascinating play of light and projection with modern dance that interpreted the ancient Greek story.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Petrin TowerPetrin Tower
Petrin Tower

The mini-Eiffel Tower. 1/5 the size.


Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb