Prague Day 2 & 3


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 3rd 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 2


I awoke very early on day two and thought I might head out to see Prague waking up while Paige slept. It was well worth it.

I got back to the hotel and after a shower and breakfast we headed out to Prague Castle. We'd decided to take it a bit easier today after the day before's huge effort so be bought a day pass for the public transport.

Prague Castle is great. We got a self guided audio tour and took in the sights. Highlights were the cathedral and the golden alley.

We then cought a tram back into town to have another quick look around. We then headed out of the centre to buy our train tickets to Slevenia. We definitely saw a different side to the city around the train station.... After a tour of the outscirts by tram we headed back to the hotel again for a quick nap before a bit of a night out in Prague.

Day 3


Day three was very cruisie, some shopping and general wandering. The shopping arcades in Prague are very cool, in particular a very famour one named Lucarne (or something like that???)

We had a very early train trip the next day so we didn't stay out too late. That night we wen't back into town to just see Charles street bridge at dusk before heading back to the pub we went to the first night. There we proceded to eat way too much Czech food, but loved every morsel.

Prague was a great start to our trip. We fell in love with it straight away. Slovenia and Croatia here we come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Half a pigHalf a pig
Half a pig

Mmmmm pork knuckle


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb