We are in Pra-HA-HA (Standing on a Metronome)


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 14th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left off earlier with Sam and Eleni heading to meet the boys for the night. We were all reunited, eventually. AND we found the group of British boys that seem to pop up everywhere we go. While Sam stayed to hang out with them, the rest of the group trudged off to find the alleged Metronome. It stands in the exact spot where a massive statue of Stalin used to stand. Apparently it took quite a number of explosives to get rid of that puppy. After walking back accross the river and through a dark park, we came upon a playground. Merry-Go-Round and See-Saw time! We were sufficiently dizzy by the time we walked away.
Sadly, the Metronome was not running at midnight, but we had our own working metronome in the backpack of our new, music major friend. He carries it everywhere just incase something inspires him to write.
The best part about the large monument is the location. It looks out over the whole city of Prague, and we sat there taking pictures and commenting about how lucky we are, for a long time. Definitely a highlight-hence the need for a second blog post tonight. We succeeded in leaving Prague on a very high note (knock on wood nothing horrible happens tomorrow).

Back to Germany!

Advertisement



15th July 2008

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
you would sam....dood we just read through your entire blog from the beginning. it's 2 am. we have lives

Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb