Bridges, Castles, and the British


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we came into prague late last night, and somehow found our hostel pretty easily. we had to jump the metro without a ticket to do it, which is never good. as soon as we put our bags down we started talking with these two british chicks and a gothic/punk new zealand guy named ken. we all went down to this kickass bar by the czech museum for some beers. every table there had a tap built in, and screens on the wall kept track of the beers you drank and ranked your table against other tables, which we thought was incredible. a pretty fun night. today we hit the town with the same guys. we went and saw prague castle, climbed almost 300 stairs to the top of the tower there, hit up charles bridge, and got cheap bagel sandwiches and salad at a bohemia bagel shop. yay fiber! finally. after napping for a couple of hours we walked down to old town square and saw the astronomical clock (which is apparantly broken) and got gyros from a vendor there and people watched for a bit. all in all, a pretty incredible day. prague is very different from any other city i've been to, and definately has it's charms. anyways, 1.5 more days here and then off to berlin for a couple days. more to come, of course.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb