Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
March 28th 2007
Published: March 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

March 24-25, 2007 - Jacqueline, Tyler, and I left the dorms at 4am on Saturday morning to catch a 5am train out of Vienna headed for Prague. While I was in line to buy the ticket to Prague in Vienna, I met a guy who was from Arlington Heights, 15 minutes away from my house in Lake Zurich. Wierd.

The train was empty and we folded down the seats and slept the whole way to Prague and got there at 10:30am. We were going to meet up with some other friends of ours from Wiener Neustadt.

We decided to walk the mile and a half from the main train station to the city center. As we were walking along the river we walked up to the finish line of a marathon. Behind it was a jumbo-tron with the runners just about to start. The gun went off, and across the river, on the other side of the famous Charles Bridge, over 5,000 runners began the Prague half marathon. It was really good timing to see that.

After that we walked around for about 2 hours trying to find our hostel which was in a small little square just behind the Tyn Church. The Tyn Church is so different than anything I had ever seen before. It looked like it belonged in a Disney movie. In the huge Tyn square there was the Astronomical Clock which was pretty impressive.

We definately went on an exciting day to Prague because Germany was playing the Czech Republic in both soccer and hockey that day. There were a ton of Germans who came into Prague just to cause a disturbance and cheer on their team. The riot police were called in to Tyn square just to make sure that things didn't get too out of hand.

We met up with our friends there and then went out to one of the largest clubs in all of Europe that night. The club was 5 stories and was so much fun!

The next day we did more walking around and we went to the castle up on the hill and inside the beautiful church. We also walked around where the Jewish ghettos once were.

We were planning on staying another day in Prague, but because we had already walked almost the entire city in 2 days, we all decided it was better to save money for spring break next week and head back to Weiner Neustadt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Funny PictureFunny Picture
Funny Picture

This photographer wanted a picture of us taking pictures of this parade of flags coming off of the Charles Bridge.
The Charles BridgeThe Charles Bridge
The Charles Bridge

Final scene of the movie XXX after Vin Diesel blew up the nuclear sub, sits on this wooden ramp thing under the Charles Bridge.
The Charles BridgeThe Charles Bridge
The Charles Bridge

the brownish building on the left is the 5 story club that we went to Saturday night.


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb