About the town of Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 10th 2015
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0878, 14.4205

Up bright eyed and bushy tailed this am and went skipping about Prague. First stop after a 45 minute walk over the hills and dales we arrived at the Prague Castle. The initial work here was begun in the 9th century, and we saw at least one person's remains from the 10th century. The complex here is enormous, the largest ancient castle in the world. It includes several churches, a palace and a variety of other things.

The Charles Bridge is below the castle taking fifty years to construct beginning in 1357. Traffic is limited to pedestrians, and folks hawking their wares. Religious statues adorn each side, most of them appearing in pain. But the atmosphere here is a bit like a carnival.

We then walked to the "old town" to see an astronomical clock and many old buildings. Another lively area with a band playing in one area. The clock was completed in 1410, and is the oldest working clock in the world.

We depart in the am for Vienna.

Advertisement



10th September 2015

WOW!! What a busy time you all are having--but fun too!! Happy you sent a picture of the authors--looking good :)
10th September 2015

Ya'll look like world travelers!
10th September 2015

My favorite picture so far!!

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb