another lazy day in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday 2nd June 2012

It rained again last night, enough to have to close one window, but at least it was cooler to sleep.

By morning it had cleared but we did have a cloudy sky all day. Not to worry it was still warm but not as hot and humid as it has been.

I stayed in all of the morning as I had some paper work to catch up on. The Lemons went out exploring, Robyn went on the free tour and Lyn sat with her foot elevated playng solitaire.

After a bit of lunch of bread and herring, Lyn and I mounted our bikes for the short ride to the shop for our manicure and pedicure. We had only received about 10 minutes of pampering before Robyn showed up after her tour and joined in on the feet shaving and nail filing.

After our beauty treatments we took the bikes back to the apartment and stopped for a coffee. Same place as where we had breakfast the first morning. Coffee is not cheap here (actually more expensive than beer) but sometimes you just need a good caffine fix.

Rejuvinated, we hit the street market for a little retail therapy, picking up a few Prague souvenirs. After all the excitement of spending $20 it was beer o'clock again and we found a nice little pub/cafe selling cheap beer near our residence.

We sat and enjoyed a half litre (39kc = $1.95) handle of beer, watching the tourist parade in front of us. Nothing like a bit of people watching and assessing.

Back to the apartment for Lyn's spag bol - we are taking advantage of the use of a kitchen while we still can.

Tomorrow we move on by train with the bikes to Cesky Krumlov about 4 hours away. Not sure when we will have internet again, so till then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



3rd July 2012

Bike trip
Hey Cindy, Just spent the last half hour catching up with your blog. As always totally jealous (especially with the warm weather bit, it is freezing here). Hope your bike trip goes really well, and no more injuries are incurred!!
5th July 2012

Lovley apartment!
Hiya Apartment looks well nice - how much a night?? must pay a visit there it looks great. Having the feet done is something else I would enjoy...what price is that?? Enjoy the next phase and I look forward to the updatesxx

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb