Eurorail Trip Day 16


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
July 20th 2009
Published: July 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well we woke up today in the train at 6am to get off the train as it arrived for its stop in Prague at 6h58 and thank goodness for that as the trains stops literally just long enough for you to get off.

Prague at 7 in the morning, hard to navigate as you cannot even decipher one word in Czech and really was interesting. Eventually we figured out how to buy Metro tickets and get to the stop we were suppose to then we had to buy tram tickets and figured that out... hahah it was funny not so fun when you caring a backpack.

Anyway we made it to the hotel only to find out we could only check in at 3pm in the afternoon!!! Ahhh what? They did some juggling and let us check in an hour later thanks goodness as we both passed out for a nap....

We went into the main city this afternoon, we did some laundry as it was rather cheap for them to do it and we went on a walking tour, the same kind we did in Amsterdam, it was really nice and we got stories about the Czechs in the time of the World Wars and fighting the Nazi’s etc etc. It was pretty heart breaking and also very very amazing to hear how a ppl can come together.


Anyway after that we were along the river and took some pictures we also bought a stunning picture to hang in our house one day  original from Prague 
Ricky is in love with the city, and would love to move here. It is stunning old and untouched, romantic and just so perfect! It really is awesome and we are both very glad we made a stop here on our travels 


We had dinner tonight in a lovely, amazing little restaurant on the water, we had the most spectacular steaks again... second to Poland these ones, but they were great and about half the price you pay in London  bonus! We then took a little stroll and made our way home before the trams stopped running and we had to walk... just kidding there are taxis!
Till we meet tomorrow!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb