Best Cities for Beer Drinkers


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
October 22nd 2021
Published: October 22nd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Everyone seems to have a list of best beer drinking cities. A case can be made for even the smallest town having a great craft beer or specialty brewery. But I am thinking more of cities where you can roam around, find bars all over the city, and making it impossible not to find a good beer or a good beer establishment. Here is "the" list from Frommer's, some of which I agree with, some rather marginal. And of course, there are omissions. Dublin-home of Guinness and a bar on every corner! Templebar, touristy but fun. Tokyo-never thought of Tokyo as a beer city, but I am willing to give it a try next visit! Munich-the Oktoberfest, and much more, always easy to find a beer party, anytime. Love Hofbrauhaus. Portland-a west coast beer haven with goof bites to pair. Vienna-many traditional beer halls and microbrews, AFTER the Opera. Hanoi-watery but cheap and plentiful, light bodied draft pilsner. Prague-tons of beer halls and bars, along with great neighborhood places. A+ in my book. High consumption city! Melbourne-I have not been yet, but the Aussies know how. Pub on every corner. Amsterdam-nothing compares to Heineken Brewery tour at 10am and being drunk before noon. Mexico City-cantinas and bars have a great selection of brews and bites. Just don't drink the water! Edinburgh-the Scots love their beer, but also their Scotch. And golf, and the Oxford Bar. Milwaukee-the beer goes great with their Friday night fish fry. And the World of Beer Fest. Brussels-cannot remember waking up in a total haze, it must be good! Higher alcohol content. Asheville-a rather sedate place, with good food. Some of my choices: Frankfurt-the Paulaner Oktoberfest beer on tap is as good as Munich's Oktoberfest. Mallorca-they love Amstel here, and why not? Athens-I fell in love with the Alpha beer. Hawaii-I challenge any of you to outdrink a Hawaiian!!! Buenos Aires, Santiago, Medellin-ask Mike and Barry the V! Hoi An, Vietnam-ask Kenny! He has a hollow leg, make it both legs. Baltimore-those Ravens fans can drink with anyone!!! Especially Dirty Pat. Hotlanta-when Kenbob picks me up at the airport, he has a huge cooler of tall boys! Denver-a real microbrew type of city now, go to LoDo. Paso Robles-love the Firestone Walker 805. Is there anything better than a cold beer on a hot summer day? When I was quite ill in Addis Abada, Ethiopia, my diet consisted almost exclusively of beer and French fries!!! My new motto: A beer a day keeps the beer industry fully employed!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb