Having a laugh in the snow!


Advertisement
Published: February 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jumping! 24 secs
2: Presentation by "The Small Young Gentleman" 39 secs
3: Skiing away! 61 secs
4: Following the kid trail! 111 secs
5: Carving! 73 secs
6: Zig-zagging towards me! 163 secs
The afternoon before, I had had a chat with Peter as to payment and what would be needed in terms of lessons. The end result was an extra private lesson for “TSYG” and 4,700kc ( €188 ) from me for absolutely everything i.e. the cost of 2 half day private lessons for 3 people and 1 half day lesson for 2 people, the ski sets for 5 days and the helmets and goggles thrown in. Fabulous isn't it!

A couple of months ago, a German governor caused a skiing accident in Austria in which himself and a lady had serious injuries. None of them were wearing a helmet and the lady, a mother of three, died a few days later. The minister himself has still not recovered and now has amnesia. Since then, everyone has been wearing helmets on the slopes.

Today, we had smoked sausages and sweet mustard for breakfast and went back to the ski lift. I dropped “TSYG” off with George and bought new sets of tickets 11 goes for adults and 17 goes for children. The tickets are 130 kc ( a little over €5,00 ) and I was soon raring to go.

I continued my journey up and down the slopes with my confidence ever-increasing. It felt good to be on the white powder and gliding in the sky with the wind ever blowing and the sun trying to peek out. Somewhere 'cos it was a little snowy today. Luckily, we were high enough for it not to be an issue.

“TSYG” and Veronika were doing well with carving, jumping and goodness knows what in ski lessons for children. Every now and then, I would come round and take photos or a couple of videos. It was lovely to see “TSYG” so happy, confident and going for it! By12:00, lessons were over and it was time for lunch.

After lunch, “TSYG” skied together. At first, I was a little nervous to have the responsibility of a child that had just learnt to ski but I took it in my stride and “TSYG” was pretty good so sometimes we skied together and at other times, I let him ski by himself and we would meet at the ski-lift.

We had a great time.



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb