Plitvice Lakes National Park


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Plitvicka Jezera
July 20th 2017
Published: July 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Another lovely day walking around an area of great natural beauty. Plitvice lakes is also a UNESCO world heritage site for the huge number of waterfalls and the beech forested hills. It is beautiful here and is again super popular with visitors. We arrived at the ticket office as it opened at 7am and had to queue (unexpectedly). When we eventually left around 2:30, we were very pleased to have started early as not only were the main waterfalls in better light but we didn’t have to queue for the boat rides or to see the sights, the whole return walk was unpleasant due to the crowds, narrow walkways and people randomly stopping to take photos. Having walked in both directions the walk is best done from entrance 1 towards entrance 2. We did a combination of walk C and then followed the lake back rather than taking the bus. It took about 4 hours, taking it slowly to go from the entrance, walking gently uphill, across on the boat then walking more to arrive at the return bus station. We then walked up and around the top lake and down to where we had disembarked the first boat, took another short boat ride across the lake and walked back to the entrance. All of the walking is very easy, clearly marked and often on boardwalks and mostly in the shade. There are so many waterfalls to see and the rivers and lakes are an amazing and un-real blue and absolutely clear.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb