The Croatian Coast


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Novigrad
September 12th 2012
Published: September 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Dani, our assistant coach was kind enough to offer his tourism services on Saturday after we returned to Austria from training camp. We hit the road early in the morning and made it to the Croatian border by lunch time. We parked the car and strolled around the town of Novigrad until we found a place to leave our things, changed into our suits and drifted in the sea. It was a perfect late summers day. Not a cloud in the sky.

After soaking up the sun, we jumped back in the car and drove a little ways further till we reached Porec, another coastal town. There we enjoyed a delicious pizza, and we people-watched as ladies in dresses and men in tights galavanted around the town celebrating in the days Renaissance festivities.

We hopped on a boat and toured a small island close to the coast, which of course had a little castle of its own. We ventured upon some wildlife - seaguls, bunnies and lizards, then took the boat back to the mainland where we enjoyed eis and one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Swimming in the AdriaticSwimming in the Adriatic
Swimming in the Adriatic

Little chilly, super salty, SO MUCH FUN
Do NOT Swim NakedDo NOT Swim Naked
Do NOT Swim Naked

Although most of the beach was ok with you going topless, this part of the beach was very against it. haha
The Renaissance Festival in PorecThe Renaissance Festival in Porec
The Renaissance Festival in Porec

Doesn't the gentleman holding my hand kind of look like Gregory House?
Our tour guidesOur tour guides
Our tour guides

Coach Dani and his family (who did not want their picture taken as you can see)
Meet WhitneyMeet Whitney
Meet Whitney

My roommate and teammate who is playing her third year of professional volleyball in Europe.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0691s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb