Croatia Sailing - Week 10


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia
July 22nd 2009
Published: November 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 1; Sipan
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (onboard bbq)

I love Sipan enough on a normal day, but this day was The Most Spectacular of all! Not only did I have one of my favourite pax ever with me (very nice girl named Peta, from South Africa), but it was also lovely evening weather-wise. We were strolling around town, playing on see-saws, and then from behind a car came a cat, meowing in distress. And then, right in front of us, it had a kitten!! This little ball of mucous came out of it, the cat licked it clean and a kitten emerged! And then the cat grabbed it by the scruff of the neck, pulled it all the way out, and ran off with it! It was the most amazing thing any of us had ever seen, and if the tour hadn't been a particularly good one, the whole rest of the week would've paled in comparison.

Good bbq that night too... Cookie always does a great job.

Day 2; Korcula
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (Caenazzo)

Good times in Korcula. No sign of the cat man, though.

Day 3; Hvar
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (picnic)

Hvar is the best, as always. But, as always, I got too excited at Kiva Bar (especially when Sasa played "Sex on Fire" by Kings of Leon, and the combination was too much for me!) and didn't quite make it to the monastery club. The group had a top night there anyway.

Day 4; Beautiful Bol
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (dinner and wine tasting at winery)

Everyone was broken like twigs after Hvar, so it was a pretty quiet day. The highlight was when, at a swim stop, Cookie caught an octopus. Because he had no net or anything to put it in, he took off his shorts and wrapped it in them, then swam naked back to the boat wrestling with the octopus! (Cookie is a total nutcase).

Wine tasting was great as always, and then I was very disappointed when the outdoor cinema was playing 'Star Trek; The Movie' and, obviously, none of us wanted to go. We browsed the nighttime markets and had ice cream sundaes at Topolino instead.

Day 5; Makarska
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (Susvid)

All good. We had good dinners, and a really nice time drinking wine on the beach before Deep. Between a fashion editor for In Style Magazine, another 3 of the most well-read and intellectual girls I've ever met, my lovely Saffa Peta and 3 really sweet 19-year-old Croatian/Aussie boys, the conversation was always grand and we always enjoyed each other's company

Day 6; Omis
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (Captain's Dinner)

Tonight we had one of our best pirate parties ever. Two boats put on their sound systems and strobe lights and we all had a massive dance party on the dock. Then a bit of nighttime swimming ensued, followed by some nighttime tequila-shooting. I may have accidentally given a tequila shot to a 15-yr-old boy, but I'm not sure.

Day 7; Split
Number of pax for dinner; 14 (Fab Food)

It was extremely hot tonight, so we decided to forego a big dinner and just grab some Fab Food and beers and sat along the riva. Then Red Room, and some went to Bacvice but I went home.

Great tour ... One my favourites ever. It's great to have really quality people onboard who don't just need to get wasted every night to enjoy themselves!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb