Split and Sibernik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
July 31st 2017
Published: August 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We left Mljet with the second ferry of the day at 9 AM and we went to Split. It was a good 3 hours drive with a small stop at a ridiculous border where Croatia is cut in 2 parts by Bosnia. They didn't even look at our passports, they just told us to go on. ^^

In Split, we found a "parking for tourists" 10 minutes from the old town that was not too expensive. It was already 1 PM and we were very hungry. So we went to the old town hoping to get something to eat. Unfortunately, everything in Split was very expensive and so we just ate 1 slice of pizza each... Ice cream was more than 1€ per scoop so we continued without ice cream.

Split is a beautiful city, very white and bright. Unfortunately it was much too hot (about 36°C) and there were too many tourists at the time we were there, so we stayed only 1 hour. I guess it's much better to go there in the evening in summer when it's fresher and when there are fewer people.

After leaving Split, we continued to Auto-Camp Sani in Brodarica. It's a pretty small camping but absolutely lovely. The owner was super nice, but maybe not the best tourist info (well, even the guys at the tourist info weren't helpful so what can you expect?!). He told us then that Croatia was having huge problems because of the incredible heat and draught there was for 3 months with no rain it all. And it was true, it was so incredibly hot, it was excruciating, even in the night never below 25°C!

After setting up our tent, we went by car to Sibernik, a wonderful town close to the camping and to the national park. We walked around the lovely old town and bought some souvenirs. Ice cream there was just as expensive as in Split (and everywhere else in Croatia) so we bought some ice cream at the supermarket instead. I can highly recommend visiting this town!

That night, we met 2 girls from Germany at the camping who told us they had done Krka national park and Plitvice lakes and they didn't like Krka because it was much too crowded and they had loved Plitvice because there had been fewer people and you can rend a small wooden boat to enjoy the lake. For us it wouldn't be the same, you'll see.
That night, we had some wine in front of our tent but after we had been bitten for the hundreds time by mosquitoes, we went to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb