Yacht Sailing Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
March 30th 2015
Published: March 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

They say money can't buy you happiness. Perhaps it can't, but it can buy you a yacht to enjoy in Earth's nature.

Croatia is a well-known tourist destination, especially for those that are in love with the sea. Due to its nature reserves, it attracts millions of people each year.It is famous for having over a thousand islands, so in order to experience Croatia's full potential you need to explore its sea. If you are traveling with a yacht or if you're interested in renting one , you need to know that Split is Croatia's main port .Split is the second largest city in Croatia that can host over 200,000 tourists and offers a lot of attractions.

One of them is its old city - Diocletian palace , built by the Roman emperor Diocletian for his refuge. Various entertainment programs Split offers will keep you occupied for days.Split is also very close to a lot of popular islands like Brač , Šolta , Hvar , Korčula and Vis .Once you decide to depart from it, you can head to island Brač.Brač is Split's closest island, only about 30 kilometers away. Besides from being one of the largest island among the Adriatic Sea, it is also known for offering a lot of entertainment events throughout the whole summer.

There you can visit Zlatni rat also known as Golden Horn - beach in Bol that is proclaimed as Europe's most beautiful beach.Among the beauty Brač offers, there are also a lot of historical attractions, as for an example Desert Blaca that consists of a monastery from the 16th century, apartments, observatories and libraries.Once you explore Bol to its fullest, you can head to the island Hvar or Šolta.While Šolta is a small island, ideal for taking a break from the city life and enjoying in the peaceful environment, Hvar is the capital of nightlife.Island Hvar's biggest city and port is also called Hvar. Thanks to its exceptional historical and cultural heritage and a pleasant climate, it is tourist's Promised Land. It offers a lot of natural attractions, astonishing night clubs and catering.Aside from the islands, there are a lot of towns you can reach with a yacht. If you are looking for something closer to Split and its islands, you can visit Trogir or Skradin. Trogir is an old city with a port on the coast of Kaštela Bay, around 30 kilometers away from Split. It is enriched with plenty of interesting preserved historical monuments. There is also an airport nearby.

A bit farther, close to the river Krka, you can find Skradin . It is known for Skradinski Buk, one of the two waterfalls of a beautiful National Park Krka.While Skradin doesn't offer a lot of tourist activities, it offers an abundance of natural beauty.

If length is not a relevant factor, you can visit Dubrovnik , also known as The Pearl of the Adriatic.Dubrovnik is a worldwide famous town under the protection of UNESCO since 1979. It is a small city with a unique political and cultural history, characteristic for its perfectly preserved defensive walls with forts and towers, Baroque styled houses and Renaissance palaces.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb