Day 57-60 Abruzzo National Park and the journey to Croatia.


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Sibenik
July 1st 2011
Published: July 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post



After the heat and pressure cooker of Naples, we headed up to the mountains again. Its a good place to unwind, usually quieter certainly greener, and helps us plan our next part of the journey.

So we headed to the Abruzzo, national park, seems very quiet and out of the way but beautiful, with those fascinating Italian mountaintop towns so spectacular and fascinating. On arriving at our site, the owner said ‘First day of the year I have been able to put the shorts on’ it seemed crazy just a few miles south we were burning up in the heat of Naples’ I said something like now your going to spoil the weather.- two hours later we had a rainstorm like you’ve never seen.
We aim to visit Croatia, with the view to doing some sailing and exploring some of the many islands off the coast. We thought we were going to either Ancona or preferably Pescara for a ferry connection but the latter’s ferries don’t start till July and Ancona ferries wasn’t suitable timings. So we then had to go to Bari, southwards.
We took the 10pm sailing across to Dubrovnik. After spending the night on the deck, we arrived and drove towards Split along one of the nicest coastal roads I have driven down. The roads are wonderful, the sea is an amazing holiday brochure blue, and on first impressions the people are really nice. Tomorrow we get our hands on a 32 ft Benateau Oceanis-cant wait!




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb