An island life for me


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Korcula
July 8th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

These next couple of entries will be quite photo heavy - mainly as not only are the locations really beautiful, but I did not do much at all.

Although in the end I did enjoy Dubrovnik, I was quite relieved to move on to one of the islands, where the chances of masses of cruise ships was less of a possibility. After a lovely drive along a peninsula, we stopped at a town called Ston (I think), which appropriately had the largest continuous wall outside of China. Then it was more of a drive to a ferry, then 15 minutes later we were on Korcula, where immediately we felt much more relaxed.

It was a small town where everything was in easy strolling distance and we were lucky enough to stay in private apartments in the centre. Well lucky until we discovered that there is a church clock right outside our windows which liked to chime every quarter hour all day. And then we discovered no airconditioning. But who needs sleep when you are on holidays! Actually it turns out even I do, at least a little bit.

The first afternoon involved a swim, a walk around town and some delicious food. Which pretty much set the scene for the entire stay. A day was passed very quickly strolling until you were hot, then jumping in the ocean, then having some food and a drink. Then it was off inland to a small town called Pupnat for an all you can eat and drink dinner extravaganza. By this time I can easily say that my addiction to Dalmatian Proscuitto was cemented.

Hope you enjoy the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

The longest wall after China'sThe longest wall after China's
The longest wall after China's

at least that's what they told me
Our departure pointOur departure point
Our departure point

A sign of the ugliness to come
Another touristAnother tourist
Another tourist

Not in photo: actual suntan oil
MaaaateMaaaate
Maaaate

At the Mate Winery for dinner


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb