Hvar and Korcula


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Korcula
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Just a brief note to say that we have been doing the Islands off Croatia. Hvar and now in Korcula before heading to Dubrovnik today by ferry.

Both islands and their towns are very special places. Of the two, I think I would have stayed longer in Korcula as it is a little, just a little mind you, less touristy than Hvar. Stunning scenery, history and food which is a little more ethnic Croatian than the Italian-German fare that Hvar seemed to thrive on.

They had a rock concert in Hvar and then Korcula with local Croat band which is very popular over here. Sounded more like a cover band with songs from Pogues, The who etc etc, but the words changed to Croatian - very interesting.

Apparently sea sponge tampons are all the go over here with the green minded lady - so get your orders in quick :-)

Well this is a timed computer so, better go and get the ferry.

Very hot and cool at night, but great swimming to be had and snorkling is amazing, now I have got greenpeace to stop trying to tow me back out to deeper water and away from the Japanese whaling boats :-)

Take care all

Paul

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb