Croatia Sailing - Hvar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
July 24th 2015
Published: July 27th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Our next destination was Hvar Island, also kind of known as a party island. I'm not much of a partier, but the island definitely had more atmosphere. First we stopped in a cove across from the main island, where there was also a beach lounge called Carpe Diem. At 2am, this "lounge" turns into a rave basically. But it was a beautiful stop, where we could get a nice view of Hvar across the way. There was also a super hot ship captain nearby in a speedo; I am not much for speedos, but Fay and I were drooling. Then we anchored near Hvar and went to shore for dinner. There is a very nice square where most of the action takes place, with many outdoor cafes and restaurants set up, the main clock, and lots of little stores. Hvar is known for growing lavender, so there were also many lavender shops around, giving the air a nice fragrance.

That night, most of us went back to the boat, but Marko, Christoff and Fay dressed up to go party, with the intention of heading to Carpe Diem later. They didn't quite make it. Being new to the sailing life, both of the non-Croatians fell into the water fully clothed. Marko seemed to enjoy this immensely!

The next day, we set sail towards Vis, but I will discuss that in another blog.

Our last sailing day we returned to Hvar with more of the same, only this time all of us were determined to go out. Unfortunately, Luka started off the trip sick and by this time, more than half of our crew were sick so we made a go of it, but did not make it out too late. We also had planned to go up to the fortress, but were exhausted. Instead, we went to a beach bar called Hula Hula which is a mini-rave. Ah, I miss drunk people. But hey it is drunk people half naked so lots of guys with their shirts off and jumping into the water.

The main thing I noted here, however, was the spectacular sunset - the best I had seen the whole trip and probably one of the best of my life. It was that beautiful. Marko and Christoff talked up a couple of girls by taking pictures of them with the sunset.

Later at the boat, almost everyone was drunk and ready to party, so Marko took the first group to the island. I was not too keen on partying, but wanted to go to dinner. Unfortunately at this point, two rounds of two girls were on our boat so the boys had no intention of going anywhere. I just went to bed; well, I tried to sleep! 😊 I didn't mind though - it was our last night and this is the party island, so everyone just wanted one last night of fun.

The next day we said goodbye to Hvar and set sail back to Marina Kastela.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

HvarHvar
Hvar

heading off to shore


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb